OK – I am NOT tooting my own horn, here. I don’t like to do that and I cringe when other people do it. What I’m talking about here is the loveliness in something – anything – that is so clearly made by hand. Yes, I did some illustrations for Wendell August but their artisans turned them into something really worth putting on your tree. I was happy with the photos I saw in their catalog and online but when I received the samples in the mail this past week, I loved what I saw. You can tell, looking at each ornament, that someone – a real, live person, touched every piece of pewter and softened the rough spots and polished the surfaces. Each piece is stamped on the back and – gasp – the stamps aren’t uniform! I love it. I am so thrilled to be a part of this great group of people in Western PA that appreciate the value of the handmade.
- It appears that everyone I know is at the flaming lips/black keys show. Except for me. I'm in bed. #oldlady 2 weeks ago
- I'm raising money to support the Wildbird Recovery Center in Western, PA. $5 from each print goes to them! etsy.me/YVtah7 via @Etsy 3 weeks ago
- Bird s-e-x and spring cleaning on the blog wp.me/p2Rm8u-8V 3 weeks ago
- My heart belongs to PGH. Love being included in this: Perfectly Pittsburgh by Anne Elizabeth etsy.me/YRoPLG via @Etsy 3 weeks ago
- NEST in metal by WorkerBird etsy.me/146vEk2 via @Etsy 3 weeks ago
ambivalence banners Beatrice's Birthmark beginning bird birds book cover breezy celebrate chickens Christmas coffee collage construction craft fair Drew White Fall family Handmade Arcade Holidays Home house Illustration Friday inspiration L2 Design Collective mixing ink makes me happy mornings New work Orlando out of sorts Place Procrastination rain renovation screenprinting sketches snow spring sunflower Thank You tote bags tractor Wendell August Forge winter woodcut